Last evening we had risotto with asparagus & crimini mushrooms, soy ginger flank steak & fallen chocolate cake.....yummy!
Here it is being cooked.
300 grams of cannaroli rice (this is better than aborio for risotto)
2 litres of chicken stock, and I put the rind of parmigiano cheese into the stock (adds lots of flavors)
1 bunch asparagus cut into small pieces and these were blanched in boiling water.
crimini mushrooms about 5 chopped up, you can add more if you wish.
parmigiano cheese 1/4 cup or so
1. Place the stock and rind of parmigiano into a heavy bottom pan and bring to a simmer.
2. Heat a heavy bottom pan and add olive oil to the bottom, chopped onions and let them sweat; then add the rice and coat with the oil and onions.
3. Start by adding two ladles of stock and stir your rice and keep on stirring and adding stock as needed, it takes about 20 minutes or so, add the mushrooms and asparagus and continue on.
4. Taste the rice as you go and add the parmigiano rice and keep on stirring.
5. When finished, serve IMMEDIATELY (you wait for risotto, risotto does not wait for you), grate some parmigiano and enjoy.