The day after Thanksgiving and couldn't eat anymore Turkey. So, I made a Bacon Ricotta Pizza, really delicious.
One evening I ordered a bacon ricotta cheese pizza, it was delicious and so I thought, I can do that. So, here is the recipe:
1 pizza dough, you can get this at the supermarket
1 lb (500g) bacon cut up into pieces.
Cornmeal for the pizza peel
1. Preheat oven to 450 F (230 C) with the stone inside. Bring the dough to room temperature.
2. Cook the bacon and drain the fat and when bacon is cooked, placed onto a paper towel to absorb the grease.
3. Once oven is up to temperature, roll out the dough. Place some cornmeal onto the pizza peel and place the rolled out dough onto the peel.
4. Pour some olive over the top of the dough and with your hand spread the olive oil around, then add the mozzarella, the asiago, and the ricotta cheese.
5. Add the bacon and put into the hot oven and cook for about 10 minutes or less (this will depend your oven), but check to see when the bottom is browned.
You will love this and I am sure you will make it again and again. Let me know how it goes.