1 cup (250ml) milk
2 tablespoons butter, unsalted, cut into small pieces
1/2 cup (63g) all-purpose flour
1/2 cup (100g) plus 1 tablespoon sugar
1 egg yolk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon rum
18 mini cannele mold (see foto)
1. Mix the flour and sugar together in a bowl. Beat the egg and egg yolk in another bowl and add the vanilla and rum to the egg mixture.
2. Bring the milk and butter to a boil in a sauce pan, while whisking incorporate the milk mixture into the flour mixture, this will thin and like a crepe batter. Whisk to ensure that it is smooth and lump free.
3. Cover the batter with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for several hours or overnight.
4. Preheat oven to 450F(230C).
5. Pour the batter into the molds only 3/4 full (they will rise while cooking). Bake 15 minutes, then reduce the heat to 350F(175C) for another 45 minutes. The cakes should be dark on the outside.
6. When done, cool slightly and remove from the mold....enjoy!