Saturday, November 21, 2009
This is wonderful bread, making it for many years. You must use bread flour for making bread.
700 g bread flour
20 g yeast
12 g salt
1 teaspoon sugar
1. Measure out the yeast and disolve in 500 ml of tepid water with 1 teaspoon sugar.
2. Weigh out the flour and salt an place in a Kitchen Aid Blender, using a dough hook, start on low mixing the flour and salt.
3. Make sure the yeast is good (you can see that it is reacting in the water).
4. Slowly add the yeast mixture to the blender and still keep it on low.
5. Once the yeast mixtrue is blended in (this takes only a few seconds), turn the blender up one notch. Continue mixing for a couple of minutes till the dough forms a ball.
6. Once the ball is formed and the dough has mixed for about 3 minutes, stop the blender and remove the dough to a flowered surface. Kneed the dough until there is a nice ball.
7. Place the dough in an bowl and spread olive oil around the bowl (about 1 tablespoon of olive oil). Cover with plastic wrap and let still till it has doubled, sometimes this happens in about an hour.
8.. Preheat your oven to 190 C / 375 F, and be sure to place your pizza stone inside. The stone should be heated for about 20 minutes before placing the bread inside.
9. Now it's time to gently remove the dough from the bowl, form your loaf of bread and place onto a pizza peel that has cornmeal on it. Slide it into the oven and cook about 35 to 40 minutes.
10. When done, remove bread and place on a rack to cool.