Fallen chocolate cake this is one of my favorite desserts and there are several variations, I have been making it so long I forget where it came from. It is quick and easy and you can make prepare it several hours before you serve it by putting it into the refrigerator. Take it out of the fridge about an hour before you cook it (make sure it is at room temperature).
1 stick of unsalted butter (100 g)
4 ounces (100 g)of bittersweet chocolate, I use Valrhona
2 eggs plus 2 egg yolks
1/4 cup of sugar
2 teaspoons of all purpose flour, plus some for dusting
4 (4 oz) ramekins
1. In a double boiler set over simmering water. heat the butter and chocolate together until it is almost completed melted. Meanwhile beat the eggs and sugar together until thick.
2. Beat the melted chocolate & butter . Pour this into the egg mixture and immediately add the flour and mix.
3. Butter and flour the ramekins repeat this twice. Add the mixture to the ramekins and you can now refrigerate for several hours, but bring to room temperature before baking.
4. Preheat oven to 450F (230 C0. Bake the molds on a tray for 6 to 7 minutes. The cakes will be soft in the middle but the sides will be set.
5. Invert the molds onto a plate for about 10 seconds , unmold and enjoy.