It started to snow and is a little cold outside, so I decided to make my Mom's eggplant, doesn't take long at all and can save time by doing it before dinner.
It is a very easy thing to do:
You will need:
eggs x 2
vegetable oil for the frying
salt and pepper to taste
1. Cut the eggplant into rounds and salt the them, let them sit for a couple of hours, when done, pat off the salt.
2. Have three bowls ready, one for wondra flour, one for eggs and one for breadcrumbs.
3. Place eggplant into the flour first, then egg, then breadcrumbs.
4. Have a heavy bottom pan heating with vegetable oil in it and when ready put the eggplant in, when brown turn over to the other side.
5. Place the cooked eggplant onto paper towels to absorb the excess oil.
6. Grate some parmigiano over and sprinkle some parsley and cut up basil. You can serve these at room temperature.