Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Pasta Fagioli

Pasta Fagioli, one of my favorite pasta dishes, so on this cold snowy day that is what I made.  Actually, I did not want to go to the store shopping for anything, so used what I had in the house.   It worked out really nice.

Ingredients:

1 can (400 g) garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
1 garlic clove, cut in half
salt and pepper to taste
Parmigiano grated
fresh Parsley, mince about half handful (if I had basil, I would have used that)
400 g bacon
400 g short pasta
extra virgin olive oil



















Preparation:


Cook the bacon on a sheet pan in a preheated oven 180C for about 35 minutes, turning occasionally.  When done, remove to a plate with paper towels and pat dry.

Drain the beans and rinse well, in a heavy bottom pan, add a good glug of olive oil and cook the garlic till it starts to turn brown a little and then remove it.  Add the beans, and season with salt & pepper.

Bring a large stock pot with water to a boil and add salt, then the pasta.  Cook till al dente. Drain the pasta, and place into a dish (save some of the pasta water).  Add the beans, parmigiano, parsley, crumbled up the bacon and maybe a little more oil if you wish.  Mix everything together and taste for seasoning, you may need some salt and pepper.

Yum!











2 comments:

  1. Another lovely dish, we call garbanzo beans, chickpeas so for a second I didn't know what they were till I saw the photo. So glad you had all the ingredients in the house, what a severe winter you're having, bet you can't wait for Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely simple yet very tasty sounding dish- think I will be trying this one! I have to say I thought the same as Catherine- wasnt sure of Garbanzo beans and then saw them in photo, and thought they look like chickpeas- phew- not going crazy….learn something new every day! The bacon would add a lovely flavour…thks for sharing xxx

    ReplyDelete