Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Pepperoni Balls

It has been a very cold winter, in fact this morning is was a little warmer than it has been it was -12C (10F) and very windy, but it was a sunny day, so I thought  it's just best to stay and and cook up something fun and turn on the oven.

My friend in Erie Pennsylvania Diane Verdecchia Byrne told me about these pepperoni balls, at first I just couldn't get a handle on it until she explained that is a ball of dough with pepperoni inside and cooked in the oven, and that they are so good.

So, she sent me a foto and I thought it would be a great idea to recreate these "pepperoni ball".  I was fortunate to have a pizza dough in my refrigerator and also a sopressata, so I didn't have to venture outside.  I decided to use the sopressata  since that is what I had in the house.

First I preheated my oven to 200C and took the dough out to get to room temperature.  And placed my pizza stone in the oven.



This is the foto Diane sent me, and I just took it from there.


















I took the sopressata and cut it up into pieces














Then rolled out the dough and stuffed it with the sopressata and formed a ball and placed them on a floured surface












Once the oven was ready, I place the balls onto the pizza peel and cooked them for about 30 - 35 minutes.















So here is what it looks like inside..OMG, so yummy a real keeper.     What surprise when you bit into one of these balls.
I will be doing this again.    I am going to work on this , maybe use some olives also.   
Thanks Diane, will do this one again….                       

No comments:

Post a Comment