Wednesday, December 8, 2010

chicken pot pie



Perfect night for some great comfort food, so I had left over chicken and decided to do individual chicken pot pies. I didn't feel like going out, so looked into my fridge and decided to make individual chicken pot pies. Had left over chicken, peas, corn and bacon.
I cut up the chicken into bite size pieces, and seasoned it with salt & pepper and wondra flour (this chicken was already cooked). Once the bacon was cooked and I strained off the excess fat, I added the chicken to the bacon, the roux and the peas and corn, and heated through so the roux would thicken. Added this to individual ramekins, rolled out the puff pastry and egg washed the top of the ramekin then cut out the puff pastry and put it onto the ramekin. The puff pastry received a nice brushing of egg wash and place into a 190C /375F oven for about 35 minutes. My puff pastry had been in the freezer for a while so it didn't puff up like I wanted it to. Remember it was cold and I really did not want to go out. Not happy with fotos.....whatever....

No comments:

Post a Comment