Saturday, September 3, 2011

Stuffed Peppers

I know it's been a while since I have posted; it's been a great summer!  Have cooked a lot and did take fotos, however, I never got around to posting them.  So, today I am sharing my stuffed peppers.  I love the red and yellow peppers (hardly use the green ones).
Actually, I made these several this summer and the recipe has varied, I have stuffed them with just ground meat, basmati rice and ground pork or orzo and ground pork and that is what I did with these.  It is really simple and makes an awesome lunch.
Ingredients:
4 peppers, yellow or red or a mix
ground pork, about 500 g (1lb)
whole wheat orzo 150 g (5 oz)
flat leaf parsley, chopped ( to taste)
olive oil
salt & pepper - to taste


Procedure:
Sautè the ground pork until cooked, you might want to add a little olive oil.  While the pork is cooking, cook the orzo, when the orzo is cooked, drain and add to a bowl.  When the pork is done, combine with the orzo and the rest of the ingredients.


Take the peppers, cut off the tops and core out the peppers, save the tops
Boil water in a pot, when boiling add the peppers for about 2 - 3 minutes (this softens them up).  Remove, and drain the water out of the peppers.


To make stuffing, add all the ingredients and mix well.
Take the peppers and rub olive oil on the outside and then stuff with the filling.
Preheat oven to 175C (350F).  When oven is ready place into the oven for about 15 - 20 minutes.
Enjoy hot or a room temperature and serve with a salad for a perfect lunch

No comments:

Post a Comment