- 4 pork chops
- 2 litres (2 quarts) water
- 1/2 cup sea salt (you can use Kosher if you like)
- 1/4 cup sugar (or you could use honey)
- black peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
- lemon peel from one lemon (this is optional)
- extra virgin olive oil
- juice of half a lemon
1. Mix the water, sea salt, sugar, peppercorns, bay leaf and lemon peel, when sugar is dissolved add the pork, cover and refrigerate for 5 hours of overnight.
2. Preheat a charcoal grill or you could do this inside in the broiler.
3. Get the pork chops and rinse off and pat dry. I brush a little olive onto the pork and grill on both sides. When the pork is done, drizzle some extra virgin olive onto the pork and squeeze the juice of half a lemon over the pork.
I love broccoli rabe and often serve it with this dish.